11.01.2007

Trunk 'N' Treat 2007



Happy belated Halloween Bloggers! Hope everyone had a great time! Scott and I spent our first married Halloween at the Grove's Trunk 'N' Treat event. It was a lot of fun! Quick Before Sinking played minus Dave, plus Rodrigo, along with the Average White Haired Band. There was great music, food, treats, games, costumes and cute kids everywhere! Quite a few of the high school kids were running the game booths, I think it's awesome that they're involved! Scott and I went dressed as a '50's couple. I think we were pretty cute! I don't have any pictures of us together...sorry.

We also saw Keala and Ashley (no blogs?,) who looked adorable in her costume! And Holly (another non-blogger?) whose baby bump is so cute on her! And Jess and Gwyn looking beautiful as fairies! I love your black and pink glasses, by the way! Sorry, no pictures, I was slacking. I do have a picture of the guy that came as the Grove sticker!

Adam, Mark (no blog, but I met his sister last night, she has awesome hair) and Scott started their set with a couple acoustic songs and they were awesome! Mistake of My Life was fantastic! Then when Rodrigo joined up they rocked the stage with a few more, including two of my favorites, Heavy Metal Drummer and Come Together. These are my some of my favorites because I love watching Scott play on these! He has such a great time and it really shows! Their second set was even more fun! Sweet Child O' Mine (their swing version) and Hey Jude, my hands down favorite of the night! Any song with crowd participation's a winner in my book, plus it's Beatles!

Aggie chilled with me and sang the "na na na's" and the "get back JoJo" on Get Back. When the band was choosing their next song, she requested the Doors! There are people my age that don't even know the Doors, she's 4 and knows them! I'm always amazed at how smart she is! We also talked about Zeke and his family moving to "the top of America" and how much she's going to miss them. I reassured her that they'll be back to visit and they'll still be friends. We also talked about how her daddy's the greatest piano player, she said my husband's the greatest drummer and she thinks Jimi Hendrix is the grestest guitar player even though he's dead. Amazing! Then she just hung out with me while her dad and my hubby played a few more songs. (Adam and Jess, you guys have one of the greatest girls I know! Hanging out with her makes me excited to have kids of my own someday. Hope ours are as cool as yours!)

The Cross was another great one, especially when they got to the rockin' part! You could see the excitement on Scott's face when it got to "the fun part," he was fierce! Then Quick Before Sinking played together with the Average White Haired Band. It was like at the end of a charity show when all the artists get on stage together for the finale. Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird were awesome, even though I thought Scott's arms were going to fall off after the sixteenths toward the end. He nailed 'em, even without rehearsal. All in all, a great night filled with fun people and great music! Thanks guys!

And here's my pumpkins. I did fake ones this year as part of my autumn craft day. Wow...long blog! Only 22 more days til Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Hey girl is was great to officially meet you last night, even though I've been your blog lurker for forever...ha, ha. You are too cute! Thanks for the props on my hair!

TheEpicBeat said...

Wow. What a post.

I think you linked me like five times. You just made my technorati authority go through the roof.

Aggie is always thirsty for new bands so I am always teaching her about important groups. So far we have covered The Beatles, The Doors, The Who, Hendrix, The Doobies, U2, Coldplay, The Foo Fighters, Wilco, and The Beach Boys.

Music History is an important subject in our family :)

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

Doh! Wish I could have been two places at once that night.

Hmmm, the Doobies....the Who....

Saw you and Scott today at church.