10.22.2007

Sabbath / Autumn Craft Day

Yesterday Scott and I went to church, sat in the Chapel since his dad had told us that Saturday night overflowed, and we heard that the 9am service overflowed. I don't think they knew it was going to be a contemporary service because on of the old usher men said he'd never seen me in the chapel before. I explained that since we'd heard the other services overflowed, we'd just make it easier for others to find seats in the sanctuary. Then he talked about how they do traditional hymns thenplay a dvd of the pervious service. I guess everyone went to those ones, because the 10:45 service certainly didn't overflow. It's cool though. We got to sit with Dan & Alyssa and some napping old folks. the rest of the day, we cleaned the house and I rested (I felt rather sick) and Scott went to play for a service at Alesia's church.

Mondays are what I really consider my Sabbath though because I get most of the day to myself while Scott's at work. This morning, I planned on having a fun day of photographing, but wasn't really motivated given the smokey air outside, so I switched to Plan B, Autumn Craft Day! I went to Micheal's, picked up some fake flowers, a heart-shaped grapevine wreath and a fake pumpkin. I made a nice centerpiece for the "Friends Thanksgiving Dinner," a tradition my friends and I started in high school. I also made an autumn wreath to hang on our door once Halloween passes and our "Bats Motel" sign is no longer appropriate. I think both look pretty awesome and just as nice as the once they sell pre-made for $30-$50 at Micheal's. Great weekend!

As Scott and I were walking through the church parking lot I asked him, "If God had an iPOD, what do you think he'd have on it?" Any ideas folks? And if God had a blog, what would he write about? Just a thought...
Edit: An hour and a half later... I also forgot to unplug the hot glue gun that I left resting on the couch. The couch is ok, my fingers, not so much. I also finished my "LOVE" project for our wall. It's my favorite word, it's a noun and a verb and so powerful! Last week, I also finally put up some of my own photography around our place. It really feels like home now. I'll post photos of those later.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pumpkin one I am impressed! We enjoyed sitting with you guys and the nappers as well!