10.30.2007

All you need is love...and antibiotics

My cousin had open heart surgery last Thursday. I'm not very good at visiting family in the hospital. Usually they're sad and gloomy and I'm just awkward. I never really know what to say. My mom and I went to visit her yesterday. She's doing really well! She only had to have dressing over her sutures for a day or two, her breath is strong and she is already back to walking. Her spirits are high and her recovery's going to be easy for her. She gets to come home Wednesday. And she wasn't putting on the face that she was doing well either, she really is doing great. I was really scared for her. She helped my parents take care of me when I was a baby. And even as a kid, she was always there to drive me to school if my parents had to work, or to take me to Disneyland just because. She's the closest thing I have to a sister and I'm so glad she's alright!

I'm still sick. I went to the doctor on Friday, got some antibiotics and cough syrup with codine to help battle my new case of bronchitis. I took my last antibiotic pill this morning and really don't feel that much better. Not good. Do I go back to the doctor tomorrow on my day off or do I just let it go and hope it goes away?

I dyed my hair black yesterday. I know most people will say, "Why? You're hair was already black!" Correction, my hair is not naturally black, it's brown. And when I dye it black, there is quite a difference. I like it...for now.

Scott and I went to see "Across the Universe" yesterday for date night. It's still amazing! Can't wait for it to come out on dvd.

And why hasn't anyone updated lately? I know you've got stuff going on, write it down! And is there a way I can be emailed when someone updates their blog, so better yet, can I be emailed the blog entry? Anyone know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can add google reader to your gmail account...do yuo have a gmail email account...if not, jsut create one so that you can add google reader...reader signs in whenever you sign in to gmail, if you add it to your email account...and then you can always see when people post new things and can read it all in one place instead of hopping around to each blog...once you add google reader, you have to add blogs like you do in your blog roll on blogger...hope this helps and hope you feel better!

TheEpicBeat said...

Yeah, I Actually came here to write what Kat wrote. Do what she says...all the cool kids do it.