10.08.2007

I got married for this?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being married and I love my husband more than words could ever say, but the past few days, some crazy, random things have happened in our apartment. Why didn't anyone tell me this stuff would happen?

Our apartment only has one bathroom and I usually lock the door when I'm in there. I was taking a shower before bed the other night when Scott knocks on the door, "Can I go to the bathroom?" I yell back, "If you can get in, I locked the door!" Next thing I know, I hear clanking and a pound on the door. I peek out around the curtain to see this...
HE BROKE INTO OUR BATHROOM! When I said, "If you can get in..." I was joking! Maybe I should have said, "I'll be done in two minutes."

On Friday, I was stuck in traffic coming home from work. A one hour drive took three hours, making me get home at 11:30pm. Normally, I come home have a snack and go to bed because I have to get up at 6am on Saturday for work, but that night, I stayed up with Scott watching tv. By the time I was ready for bed it was 1:30, only 5 hours away from when I needed to get up. Scott wasn't entirely ready for bed, so he turned on the tv in our bedroom. He asked what I wanted to watch. I said, "Whatever you want. I don't care, I'm going to sleep." Man, why on earth did I say that? Scott begins surfing through the channels only to land on BYU's tv station which was showing "PanJam: Brough Family Steel Band"
Of course, Scott being the amazing percussionist he is, he's completely intrigued. (I cannot express how annoying the sound of steel drums are when you're trying to go to sleep.) He watched for a couple minutes before I asked him to find something else. I roll back over, only to hear every 3 year olds favorite dinosaur singing, "I love you, you love me..." Never did I imagine that Barney would be the last straw. I went to sleep on the couch in peace and quiet. :]

This morning, my alarm went off at 7am, only to find Scott just waking up, and being flustered since he was supposed to be at work at 7. His alarm didn't go off. I got up to make sandwiches for his lunch, but little did I know the dangers I was going to encounter. As I spread mustard (my least favorite condiment) on the bread, my eye itched. So, I go to scratch it, not realizing that there was mustard on my finger.
I hope no one else has ever experienced mustard in their eye, but if you have, I am so sorry! It felt like acid burning through the layers of my left eyeball. For a minute there, I thought my eye might be removed and I'd have to wear an eye patch like Aunt Lily on "Pushing Daisies."




5 comments:

MamaSue said...

Wow, apparently when an Ellis Man has to go, HE HAS TO GO!

Anonymous said...

you know it. i've been taking the handels off doors for years, at least when i don't have something small enough to pick the lock.

jess mac said...

Don't you love Pushing Daisies!!! Ok, get rid of the TV in the room, don't lock the door, and always say exactly what you mean. I have learned that much. (And make a detailed list for birthdays and christmas-then you always get what you want :)

Leslie said...

#1...the bedroom is for sleeping and a few other things. Sleeping always has priority, the one watching TV and not wanting to sleep is the one who leaves the room. Watching TV in the bedroom can only be done with joint agreement. Didn't anyone teach Scott the rules of marriage...man, who are his parents?
#2...married people don't lock doors, especially when there's one bathroom. You learned why!
#3 Scott can make his own sandwhiches. I taught him how so I wouldn't get mustard in my eye.
#4...you never HAVE to listen to an in-law, but sometimes it doesn't hurt because they're on your side too! :)

escamillaweddings said...

those are the good times, yo! :)