11.21.2007

Baking day!


Today I'm baking four pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving (one to take to my uncle's, one for my daddy, one for my hubby and one for my buddy Zackary since he missed the pie on Sunday night.) I bake pumpkin pie at least three times a year (Thanksgiving, Christmas and Dad's birthday) so this usually isn't a difficult task. Althought lately I haven't done such a great job. Last time I forgot the eggs, the time before that I forgot the sugar. Not good! So today, I made sure to lay out all the ingredients and put them in the order on the recipe so I don't forget anything. As I go to open the cans of pumpkin mix my can opener fails me. So I run down to the store and get a new one. This one doesn't work either! What do I do? Use a bottle opener...you do what you gotta do when baking for the ones you love! I'll be they don't have to deal with this at Marie Callender's!

2 comments:

MamaSue said...

By the time I left work tonight (about 7:30) we had sold well over 900 pumpkin pies. The bakers will be there all night long making at least that many more for tomorrow. Opening the cans of pie mix with a bottle opener would be a nightmare for that many!

MamaSue said...

...btw, didn't you get like three or four can openers for wedding gifts?