5.20.2007

Beach, Burritos and Poker


Friday night Scott and I had a bonfire (I still don't know why we call it a bonfire, that's hardly what it is...) at Huntington Beach. Two Friday night bonfires in a row, it's fantastic! It was a lot of fun, we ate hot dogs and roasted marshmallows for s'mores. Huntington has a 10pm curfew on the beach, kinda dumb, so we left and headed to Keno's in Yorba Linda for more food and karaoke. Unfortunately, you have to be 21 to be in the bar part of the restaurant where the karaoke takes place, so we went to the regular part since 3 of our friends aren't 21 yet. I'm still a little bummed that we didn't get to karaoke.
Yesterday Scott and I went to pick out the tuxedos for our wedding, he got measured and it's all set! The guys in our wedding are going to look so awesome! I can't wait to see them! After tuxedo fitting, we met my parents at Red Chile, this little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant in Cerritos with the world's greatest wet chicken burritos, to celebrate my dad's birthday. My dad's been going there since he was 26 and now he's 52! It was soooo good! We came home and Danny and Johnny came over and played poker with my dad, Scott and me. Scott ended up winning, but I still think if I hadn't split some of my chips so Johnny could get in on the game I would have won. I've really needed some fun time with friends and this weekend has been exactly that!
I start my "re-" training tomorrow. I'm kind of excited, but kind of nervous. I don't know why. Well, it's time for church, have a great week!

No comments: