3.27.2008

BIG NEWS!!!


Yesterday I passed two tests with flying colors! Scott and I are going to have a baby! Yes, I know we were saying that we wanted to wait a few years, but God has a differnt plan for us and we're happy to follow His desires for us.

I was so nervous to tell Scott (he was already at work when I took the test.) When he got home from work yesterday I surprised him with a little gift. It was a burp cloth with yellow submarines on it that said "I LOVE DADDY." He unfolded it with the embroidered side facing down, I had to tell him to flip it over, he looked at me and said "Face, are you pregant?" (Yes, we call each other Face...I don't remember how it started.) I just said, "Open your card!" The card said "Let the cravings begin..." and had pictures of ice cream and pickles on the front, the inside then said "We're Expecting!" He said, "Really? Are you kidding?" I started to cry a little and said, "Nope. We're pregnant!" We hugged and got excited.

I'm actually really surprised at his reaction, I thought he would have been a little more scared/nervous than he was. He's so awesome, he's going to be such a great dad! We went to Carter's and bought bibs for the grandmas and brought them over to them. Needless to say, both sides of our family are very excited for us! It's the first grandbaby for both of our parents! (Scott's brother Riley even put "Riley's gonna uncle it up!" as his status on myspace.)
From what I've read and figured out, I'm six weeks pregnant and the baby should be due around mid-November! Crazy, huh?

15 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i think this is the best blog you've ever written! :)

hooray for you both! God's doin BIG thangs yo! Big thangs!

Christina Ellis said...

Thanks Micah! It's doesn't get much bigger than this!

Z! said...

...wow

...but see, I'm already an uncle and I don't like it :p

Congrats...creepy, but congrats :D

Anonymous said...

FJKDLFHSJKADHJSFLHDJLFHJSKLDSADSLAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is me being extremely excited. :D

I would call you but I'm in class right now but OMG YAYYYYY! :D Let me know if you need anything. You know, just in case Scott's randomly not around and you are in need of pickled herring muffins or something...

Christina Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations hon!!

Anonymous said...

It was the peep jousting, wasn't it. :] Congratulations, Mama-to-be! So many wonderful things are happening for you right now and it's a marvel to watch.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! You two will definitely make one cute little baby.

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Congratulations, love!!! I'm so exicted for both of you guys. Let me know when you need a babysitter :)

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

MacKenzie was bragging it up at Gage today- made a special trip to the library to share the news! He is so excited. I am not sure whether he is more happy about this or when he found out he was going to have a sister (YOU!) you are so special to him :) It is so awesome to watch your family grow!

Casey Angulo said...

Sweet!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!! You and Scott are going to be wonderful parents! Yay!!!!

Alyssa said...

It must be something in the Riverside water! So excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you wanted advice on birth methods so I thought I'd just be the best person to give you advice. What you do is go into the delivery room, look around for the panting birthmom....well, she's the one in pain...(I wasn't and you're asking about me right?) so then, you offer morale support, hold hands, cheer her on...(I was good at that!) then you can yell some loud "PUSH", "PUSH" and then it happens......OMG..... then, you watch the doctors and nurses do their thing and you cry some, hug everybody, give your baby their first bath....go to your hotel room, sit in the hot tub....uh, get 1 hour rest, go to store to buy baby clothes (we didn't have much notice, didn't have diapers even!) um, go to hospital, feed baby, burp baby, put baby in car....drive back to SCal..........then...FREAK OUT - OMG, WE HAVE A BABY! See how easy that was for me? K - I have to tell you the story of my first diaper change on the road and the squats I did which totally amazed everyone after they thought I had given birth 24 hours before! LOL CONGRATS GIRLFRIEND! YOU AND SCOTT WILL BE AN AWESOME MOMMIE AND DADDY!

Christina Ellis said...

@anonymous...Who is this?