1.23.2008

Something I think is good...

I just read Alyssa's blog about the things she thinks are good and I just wanted to share a thought.
I've been listening to music from Rob's iTunes library all day yesterday and today. Lots of fun people I've never heard of, which is great because lately I've been listening to the same things over and over again (mostly Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, and Jimmy Eat World.)
[Warning: band geek coming out] This morning I've been listening to the Philadelphia Orchestra's rendition of Mussorgsky's masterpiece, Pictures from an Exhibition. It's such a beautiful composition. There's parts that are light and pretty, then the next piece is dark, driving and powerful. I LOVE IT! Plus, we played The Hut on Fowl's Legs (which our director always called In the Hut of Baba Yaga, which I guess is not the realy title)and Infernal Dance of King Kastchei (which he always called the Firebird) as a movement in a field show my junior year. And we played the Great Gate of Kiev in wind ensemble. It just brings back some nice memories.

No comments: