12.19.2007

New tenant















We got a kitty! My dad gave him to Riley as a birthday present and he kind of became more Scott's cat than Riley's. The original plan was to move him in with us when we got married, but we wanted to wait til we were a little bit more settled in. He's such a good cat and a lot of fun!

My family moved about two and a half years ago and we had to move four cats with us. Scott and I figured we could just wrap them up in blanket and toss 'em in the car. As we began to drive up the road to the new house my old lady cat, Tiff, starts making this terrible howling meowing noise. Then the other three join in so there's an awful chorus of disturbed kitties. At one point the youngest kitty, Taco, ran from the backseat along the side windows and curled up on the dashboard. Rather sad to see the kitties so distraught, but rather funny to look back on.

So last night as Scott and I were driving our kitty home, he starts the howl/meow noise and Scott joins in with him. He handled the drive pretty well, he even popped his head up quite often to look out the windows. When we got home, he went behind the couch and could pop his head out every ten minutes or so the crawl back behind it. After two hours he came out and crawled under his blanket that we put on the couch for him. He stayed there most of the night the came and jumped on our bed early this morning. He hung out on the window ledge for a while then crawled under the covers and sleep between my feet. He likes to sleep under the covers and if you open the covers to look at him he burrows further back into them.

Oh, and he doesn't really have a name. There's names they've called him, but nothing really permanent. There's Buddy, Friend, Mr. Pancakes, Senor Waffles and Kitty! (Like Boo from Monster's Inc.) It'd be kind of weird to name him now wouldn't it? I'd like to name him Vincent, if I did name him. Yes, I'm an artnerd. Anyway, we're just so excited to have him!

2 comments:

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

How old is the cat?

We had a stray kitten discover us (16 years ago and he passed 1 year ago) and we could not tell the difference between a boy or girl cat. My mom the animal lover swore it was a girl. We named the cat "Emmie".

This cat got to know it's name very well and would come to you when you called it's name. Yeah, 6 months later when we went to the vet for a "fix" appointment...turns out she was a he.

We just couldn't bring ourselves to change his name so we decided "Emmie" was short for "Emerson".

We've confused many house visitors when using "Emmie" and "he" in the same sentence. People thought we were really weird for naming a boy cat a girl's name.

Beware, our cat was our baby since we had the cat before any children came along. Whenever friends would talk about their newborns or babies, we would have a similar cute story about our cat. I'm sure we annoyed many.

Leslie said...

I miss the way he would greet me at the door like a dog would and how he would run down the driveway to greet the car. I still expect him when I come home but I love it that you guys have him and that he is so loved! I do enjoy dealing with only half of the animal hair though!