10.22.2008

Pregnancy Update

Update time! I had my 34 week checkup yesterday. Leila's doing great, heartbeat's strong, she's kicking all the time still, and getting big! The doctor is a little concerned about me though, I'm starting to show signs of preeclamsia. My blood pressure was pretty high (140/92,) there were some traces of protein in my urine, I've gained six pounds in two weeks, and my hands are swollen (I'm bummed I can't wear my gorgeous wedding ring on my finger anymore.) Then he asks the question I didn't want to hear quite yet, "Are you still working?" I say "Yes." And he tells me to try to take it easy the next few days and to come back Thursday for another checkup, but if it hasn't improved I'll have to go on bedrest. Yes, the thought of being able to rest more is nice, but not ALL day! Plus I love my job and I'm not quite ready to leave yet.
So, today, I'm taking it easy...watching what I eat...and praying that those symptoms go away so I can work at least a few more weeks. I'm trying not to worry, but it's hard. Keep Leila and me in your prayers! I'll let you know the verdict tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: