10.19.2008

Awesome night

I came home from work yesterday excited about the hot date I was going on with my husband, not so much as to what we were doing, but just to spend some good quality alone time with him. But before we left, I had to hit the bathroom (I am 7 1/2 months pregnant after all...) and found some pretty new candles in there (awesome gift #1...) then when I came out and thanked him he said, "There's something on our bed for you too!" What? It's not my birthday or our anniversary...so I go in and open a very sweet card and two DVDs and a CD (Baby Mama, 27 Dresses and the new Sheryl Crow!) I hug him and thank him and he just says "Happy I Love You Day!" I tear up a little and smile. I love you day is something we started many years ago when we were first dating. It was just a random day where we'd give the other person a card or present, just because. It makes me happy that he still remembers that little things. As for our date, it was awesome too! We went to The Counter after a friend spoke so highly about it last weekend, it was pretty great! A little hard to decide because they're so many options...just more reason to go back! Then we hit the theater to see Body of Lies, which was really good, except that Russell Crowe looks strangely like Alec Baldwin...kind of weird. All in all, it was a fantastic evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was so sweet. thats great that you guys got to have some alone time and that it was special! : ) and i must know more about this counter place you went.