9.23.2007

Across The Universe

On Friday night, Scott and I went to see Across the Universe. It was AWESOME! I loved it, but then again, I knew I would. I'm afraid to recommend movies because I don't want them to be disappointed if they don't like it as much as I do. I agree with Scott's review. Especially, if you don't know what it's about, or you're not a Beatles fan, you probably won't really care for it.
Me, being the huge Beatles fan that I am, thought it was a beautiful film. It was so creative in the context some songs were used in, especially "I Want You (She's So Heavy)". My favorite songs in the film are "All You Need Is Love" (of course,) and "Dear Prudence." The imagery used during "Dear Prudence" was awesome! Magritte would've loved it! The actors and there voices were amazing! My only complaint is that Jude and Max's voices are a bit too similar. Their harmonies are great, but I wish you could really tell that it's two different people. I think at times it sounds like one person, recorded twice. All in all, it's a great film! Plus Bono's in it, how could you go wrong?

No comments: