2.19.2007

Chef Christina and Overcast Photo Shoot


So lately I've been thinking about making a change in my educational/career goals. I want to go to culinary school. So far, I've never burnt down a kitchen, no one's ever been sick from my cooking, and it usually tastes pretty good. Plus I love cooking and baking!
I have three main options for culinary schools. To get a job as a chef, you just need an associate's degree in culinary arts. I could just get that from RCC in a year and a half. Or I could go to Art Institute in San Bernardino where it would cost about $43,000 for the same degree. Lastly, I could go to the California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena, which would cost about $40,000 for the same degree. Well, I guess I shouldn't say the same degree because CSCA is a Le Cordon Bleu program. The best chefs in the world are Le Cordon Bleu trained. I would really love to go there, but I don't know if it would really be worth the drive and money. I need to pray on it for a while and see if that's what God wants for me. If you remember, could you pray for me too.

Yesterday, Scott and I had some engagement photos taken by my great friend and bridesmaid, Melissa. It was overcast, freezing cold and really windy in Laguna. On top of that, I blinked in probably half of the pictures and Melissa was so cold she could barely tell if she pushed the shutter release or not. Despite all of that, she took some BEAUTIFUL pictures... and some not so cute ones. She's also designing our save the date cards! She's such a talented artist, I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Here's some bloopers from the day...

And here's a nice sentimental one...


1 comment:

escamillaweddings said...

i love the black and whites, and the one of you where you're looking down. beautiful. and i likey your shirt! :)

my sis-in-law went to culinary school in new york, then she realized her passion was baking so she went to a baking school up in napa valley. she makes yummmmmmy foods! hehehe

i have a friend who lives in azusa who is currently in culinary school but i forget which one. i'll ask him and see how he likes it and letcha know.