12.11.2006

Job, adult decisions and art

I got a wonderful phone call today from my new boss at David's Bridal! She offered me a position as the lead non-bridal consultant. This is AWESOME! I start on Monday. I'm so excited!
Today I had to go get tires for my car. I felt very adult. Every time one of our cars needs a new tire, I'm the one that has to go to Goodyear and take car of it, even though once I get there I have to call my dad and double check what he wants done. He always gets mad at me when I'm at Goodyear and call him to ask what to do with the car. So for once, I made the decision on my own. Instead of just fixing/changing the two tires, I got new ones for all four. Of course, I'm feeling great because I made the decision and bartered my way into a lower price per tire ($130 vs. $95), so I go to Starbucks for a delicious passion tea lemonade while I waited for my car. I return and the service rep. comes out to tell me that my car also needs rear shocks and brakes. I know how to change brakes, so with Scott's or my dad's help, that could easily be done, but I know nothing about shocks. I don't even know what they do. For all I know, they could be useless like your appendix. So I call my dad and ask, but not without telling him that I put 4 new tires on. He got mad, but oh well, it was my choice, and I was paying for half of it, even though my parents were going to pay for it. Dad said to go ahead and the the shocks and brakes, but not without sounding angry. When it was all done, my total services came out much higher than we originally intended on paying, but it was okay because my car really needed it, especially with our little road trip coming up this weekend.
School's almost over, I just have my art history final tomorrow, and a math final Wednesday. This semester's been pretty easy and really fun! I feel like I'm really going somewhere, really making progress toward a goal. It'll be nice to have a little break from school while I go through training at my new job too. Plus in between finals and new job training I'm going to Las Vegas with my parents and Scott to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary. We're all going to see the Cirque Du Soleil show, "Love", and I can hardly wait! Scott and I are also going to the Guggenheim Hermitage Museum at the Venetian and the Bellagio Fine Arts Gallery which is running an Ansel Adams exhibition. What better way to humble yourself after participating in an art show than to go see a master's works?

2 comments:

Casey Angulo said...

What is a lead non-bridal consultant?

rev rock said...

congrats on the new job. Have fun in Vegas!