8.02.2008

Daddy's Girl

I think we already have a daddy's girl on our hands...not that that's a bad thing, it's just funny. You see, during the week Scott wakes up somewhere between 4:30 - 6:00 AM for work. Little Leila also wakes up whenever Daddy does, and she starts fiddling around and kicking. I know because her kicks have gotten a lot stronger the past week or two, so they wake me up. Today, Scott was off, so he slept in until about 9. I woke up around 8 to go to the bathroom, laid back down and she was still sleeping. But when Scott got up to go to the bathroom and he came back, she woke up too! She's already so in tune with him, it's funny! Scott got to feel her kicking this morning, just a little bit, but she's definitely there.

I had an ultrasound on Tuesday, my mom went with me since Scott had to work. It's neat because my mom never had an ultrasound when she was pregnant, so she was really excited! (Not like she hasn't seen one, she's a nurse, but it's neat when it's your grandbaby.) My mom said that Leila has Scott's nose. In profile her nose is a lot pointier (pointy-er, more pointy?) than mine ever was/will be. She'll be so cute!

The other morning, I laid in bed feeling her little kicks and I'd push back a little bit with my hand. She'd kick another spot, so I'd push there, then she'd go back to the first spot. It's a fun little game! She's so neat!

A little over months to go...WOW!

2 comments:

jess mac said...

So beautiful. Isn't pregnancy magical?

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness chick! that is so cute. what an amazing time this is for the three of you...very precious :)