7.12.2008

A little confession

Let me start of by saying that I am very excited to be having a baby and I can't wait to meet him/her and to be a mommy. I can't wait to see Scott hold our baby for the first time. But some mornings I wake up and just want to not be pregnant yet. It's not the morning sickness, I haven't had any in months. It's not my aching muscles, I can tough it out. It's the stupid thoughts... Today was one of those mornings where the thoughts of "there's so much I wanted to do before I had kids" and "I don't know anything about kids! What have we gotten ourselves into?" flood my mind and it's a little overwhelming. Eventually, I cry and move on, but it just stinks. I'm not on my own "afraid of motherhood" island am I? This happens to other people right?

1 comment:

MamaSue said...

Of course you haven't done everything you wanted to do pre-kid. None of us did. And all our babies -- even the ones that came eight years into the marriage -- came before we knew what we were doing. So-o-o-o-o-o-o normal, Sweet Thing.

By the way, in a few months you'll begin to have the Oh-no-I-forgot-the-baby-at-home dream.(or at church or at the grocery store, etc)